top of page


Updated: Mar 18, 2022

If you have children and wish to relocate with them a long distance from their other parent, who is not agreeable to this, then you need to apply to the Court for permission to do so.

We can advise you on the factors considered in relocation, prepare the Application material for you and present it to the Court on your behalf. This can be a difficult area of law.

If you move unilaterally, without the agreement of the other parent, then you may find that the Court will Order you back to where you used to live or, alternatively, order the child to be returned to the other parent.

This can be very costly if you have already purchased or signed a lease for your new home. To avoid these costs it would be prudent that you get some advice on this sometimes difficult matter.


bottom of page